Purpose of Community Engagement Grants
- To support qualifying local eligible organizations, government entities, community coalitions and faith-based organizations that provide community education and outreach on the importance of good nutrition, physical activity and healthy weight for children and their families.
- To increase community access to physical activity opportunities (built environment) and activities.
- To increase access to healthy food and nutrition.
- To increase the consumption of healthy foods and the amount of physical activity children receive.
- To develop or strengthen collaborative efforts to implement local public policies that promotes physical activity and healthy eating.
Approximately $76,000 will be awarded in Community Engagement Grants to support approximately 7-8 grants for Jacksonville’s community-based projects. Grants will vary in size from a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $10,000 per year, for one year.
To read more and apply, go to the grant website: http://www.dchd.net/grantopportunities.htm